Are you looking for a mouthwatering chicken recipe that is both easy to make and absolutely delicious? Look no further! In this article, we will share with you our exclusive recipe for herb parmesan crusted chicken. This crispy and flavorful dish is perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion. Let’s get started!
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s go over the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Now that we have all the ingredients ready, let’s move on to the step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine the grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, dried oregano, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the Parmesan mixture, pressing gently to adhere the coating to the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the coated chicken breasts and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the browned chicken breasts to the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and serve hot.
1. Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
No, bone-in chicken is not suitable for this recipe. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are recommended to achieve the perfect crispy crust.
2. Can I substitute the Parmesan cheese with a different type of cheese?
While Parmesan cheese adds a unique flavor to this dish, you can experiment with other hard cheeses like Pecorino Romano or Asiago. However, the taste may vary slightly.
3. Can I use dried parsley instead of fresh parsley?
Yes, you can use dried parsley as a substitute for fresh parsley. However, fresh parsley adds a vibrant flavor and color to the dish.
4. Can I prepare the chicken in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the chicken breasts and coat them in the Parmesan mixture in advance. Keep them refrigerated until you’re ready to cook. Remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
5. What can I serve with herb parmesan crusted chicken?
This dish pairs well with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad. Choose your favorite accompaniments to complete the meal.