Looking for a quick and flavorful chicken recipe? Look no further than herb crusted chicken. This dish is packed with delicious flavors and is incredibly easy to make. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, you’ll be able to whip up this tasty meal in no time.
To make herb crusted chicken, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme, and rosemary)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
Follow these simple steps to make herb crusted chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, chopped herbs, salt, and black pepper.
- Coat each chicken breast with olive oil and then press it into the breadcrumb mixture, making sure to coat both sides evenly.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add the minced garlic. Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the crust is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Feel free to get creative with your herb crusted chicken by trying out different herb combinations or adding additional ingredients. Here are a few variations you can explore:
- Swap out the breadcrumbs for crushed cornflakes for an extra crunch.
- Add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumb mixture for a cheesy twist.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, and minced garlic before coating them in the herb crust.
Herb crusted chicken pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Here are a few suggestions:
- Roasted vegetables
- Mashed potatoes
- Steamed rice
- Green salad
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs?
Yes, you can use dried herbs in this recipe. However, keep in mind that dried herbs are more potent, so you’ll need to use a smaller amount.
2. Can I use bone-in chicken instead of boneless chicken?
Absolutely! Bone-in chicken will work just as well in this recipe. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
3. Can I make herb crusted chicken ahead of time?
While herb crusted chicken is best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, you can prepare the breadcrumb mixture and coat the chicken breasts in advance. Keep them refrigerated and bake them when you’re ready to serve.
4. Can I freeze herb crusted chicken?
Yes, you can freeze herb crusted chicken. After baking, let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in the oven.
5. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?
Certainly! The herb crust works well with other meats like pork chops or even fish fillets. Adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the type of meat you choose.